[GEMPAK #YQG-757716]: Does GEMPAK support MADIS sfc data?

> Steve,
> Thanks for the reply. You wouldn't by any chance have a contact name
> for the Mesowest folks would you? Their data is exactly what I'm trying
> to plot with gempak.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Greg,

Apparently David Tyndal at Utah is working on the same thing:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gembud-list/msg01335.html

John Horel announced LDM availability of MesoWest data in GEMPAK format years
back
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/ldm-users-list/msg01568.html

They would probably be the best starting point for information.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
> >> I saw an old message from 2 years ago in the GEMPAK support e-mail
> >> archives that mentions that a decoder for MADIS sfc met data had not
> >> been written. I was just wondering if this situation has changed at all?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Greg
> >>

> > Greg,
> >
> > I don't support a netcdf decoder specific to the MADIS data set, but someone
> > in the community may have written one (in particular, the meso west users
> > may be using that data set).
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata User Support
> >
> > Ticket Details