[GEMPAK #DLM-643876]: Gempak- Cannot get it to run

> When I  type "echo $shell", I get "/bin/csh".  When I type "source .cshrc",
> I do not get any errors but when I type "env" immediately afterwards, Gempak
> variables are listed.  It is very puzzling, Steve.

OK. The possibly you are running a terminal or console that is configured not to
read the .cshrc configuration. Do you open an "xterm", "terminal", or "console"
to run the commands from. I suggest trying an xterm.

The terminal or console may be configured on your box to behave in that way,
which is outside
what can be controlled by the package. An xterm should load the .cshrc. The
only other suggestion is that you might also have a .login file, where the
window is treated
as a login window (generally you shouldn't have that unless you typically log on
from a command line screen which I doubt) that starts up the window system.

> Perhaps I should try IDV, if it will not work on my PC.  I would like to get
> Gempak working though because I have looked through the tutorial for it and
> it is a fantastic package.

IDV can be run from Windows or Linux if that helps the situation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Tony.

Ticket ID: DLM-643876