[GEMPAK #DLM-643876]: Gempak- Cannot get it to run

> I am selecting Konsole which is an option on the KDE menu.  I do not see an
> xterm option on the KDE menu but when I am in Konsole and type xterm,
> another console window opens.

You can add any program to execute from an icon on your toolbar or
desktop. The path for xterm is typically /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm.
See your KDE user guide or online help to add items to your menus.

> Is there a way to get it to run .cshrc to run in an xterm at login?

Your xterm most certainly should read your ~user/.cshrc when it is
started up if you are running a csh. That should go for any
window system you are running, and is not something specific to GEMPAK.

You might need to check your .cshrc location, the file access permissions,
and/or
try running gnome instead of KDE.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> While I am waiting for you to reply, I will read a bit about IDV, although I
> am impressed with GEMPAK's abilities.
>
> Tony.

Ticket ID: DLM-643876
Department: Support GEMPAK