[GEMPAK #DPQ-657014]: BRazil States contour and topography

> Hello Steve,
>
> How can I plot brazilian states using gdplot3 ?
> I've seen that NMAP2 already has this option.

Add "brazil" to your list of $mapfil (eg $mapfil=brazil+base).
Brazil is defined as a map alias in $GEMTBL/config/mapfil.tbl for histbr.uni,
so you could specify that instead of "brazil" in $mapfil.

> I also have noted that there is a "topo" option in GRID data type in NMAP2.
> Hoe
> to use it ? In NMAP2 I cannot see the file
> /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.9.2/gempak/nts/nmap/restore/modl/topo/brtopo

I put that in there a while back when I was working with your question on
topography.
The data set alias I used in that was "topo" which I had temporarily defined in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl as your topography file I was working with. You
could
add that as needed.

> How to use it using gdplot3 ?

If you have your topography grid file, with grid "topo" at level 0, coordinate
none, type
"restore $NMAP_RESTORE/modl/topo/brtopo" in gdplot3. Feel free to modify this
file as you see
fit. It was just something I put in a while back while I was answering your
support
question about your topography grid file. The restore file will set the basic
contour
intervals and grid parameter that is expected.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Thanks,  Giovanni
>

> --