[GEMPAK #KHN-858198]: nexr2rhi colors

> Hi...
>
> I've created a ppi display using gpnexr2 and wish to create an rhi to go
> along with it using nexr2rhi but I can't figure out how to get the colors
> to match.  The gpnexr2 program uses LUTFIL=radar whereas nexr2rhi is using
> arbitrary contour fill values (FLINE=0;30-7 from the documentation).  Is
> there a definition somewhere already created that I can use for FINT/FLINE
> to make the colors consistent between the two plots?  If not, what LUT
> file does "radar" refer to so that I can try and create my own FINT/FLINE
> to make the plots match?  Or, is there a better way to do this...?

Art, the LUT fil that the radar data uses is defined in $GEMTBL/sat/imgtyp.tbl.
For the Level2 data, I created a table: upc_radimg.tbl which has 57 color
values.
The dbZ values range from -32 to 75 dbz (the colors are evenly assigned to
the pixel values of 0 to 107 that those data values represent (from the
imgtyp.tbl).

To match the graphic colors, where you are limited to 32 colors that you can
define in
coltbl.xwp, you would want to use a similar 32 color lut file for the image
over the
same range that your FINT covers (eg fint from -32 to 75 if the imgtyp.tbl pixel
range remains 0 to 107).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Thanks.
>
> Art.
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Ticket ID: KHN-858198
Department: Support GEMPAK