[GEMPAK #NDY-850142]: Installation help needed!

> Greetings,
>
> Im trying hardly to install GEMPAK 5.9.3 and I dont have any success. I
> read the installation instructions in your website and they really are
> very difficult for me to understand. I downloaded the 180mb file and I see
> all the files in WinZip, but dont know which file to open in order to
> start the installation process.
>
> Any help will be very appreciated!

Gerado,

GEMPAK is not a Windows application, so I'm not sure about your reference to
WinZip.
If you are running a standard Linux or Unix environment, the coimmand
to unpack the distribution is shown in the "Download The Distribution" section
(3)
of: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK/Install_GEMPAK.html.

Eg:       gunzip -c distribution_name.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

By unpacking the tar file, the directory tree will be created. If you
have downloaded a binary distribution, all you need to do is edit the
Gemenviron file.
If you are attempting to build the distribution, you should follow the steps for
"Building The Distribution".

If you have specific questions, please provide your system information
including operating system version and whether you are intending to install
a binary distribution or build from source.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: NDY-850142
Department: Support GEMPAK