[GEMPAK #QOC-467338]: FDF changes

> Hello.
>
> I am writing to inquire about two problems that have materialized
> since the students have returned.
>
> First, I have copied over old FDFs that we had built specifically
> for GARP.  Some of them are recognized by GARP and work as before.
> Some do not.  Ideas?

Have you upgraded the distribution to the 5.9.3 decoder actions that use the
NAM file naming?
IThe Garp FDF files use the modelkey names in the Garp_defaults file, which
should be
matched to the $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl file names.

If you upgraded your distribution without the decoder actions, then the change
to the
nam file names in datatype.tbl may not match your LDM decoded file names.

> Also, ship and buoy data appear to be requested properly by our
> LDM, they seem to flow in, and get decoded (according to the log
> file).  Yet, no files appear in the appropriate $GEMDATA location.
> I have no idea what is amiss here either.

Check the GEMTBL definition in the pqact.conf decoder actions. If the decoder
can't
find the packing files or station table, that could lead to no output files.

Did you generate a new set of pqact.conf patterns with a newly installed
distribution?
If so, it is possible that your GEMTBL was still pointing to an old
distribution at the time.

> Thanks in advance,
> Patrick Market, UMC

Steve Chiswell