20060906:dcreanal question?

Hi Mike,

Yes, the good Dr. Chiswell is away this week.

I searched the GEMPAK support archives:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/search.jsp

..and all I could find was:

<snip>
The dcreanal program was written to convert reanalysis data
files which used the COARDS convention for storage in NetCDF.
If the files you have are not using the COARDS convention, then
the converter would have to be modified to the CDL of the
data you have. It is difficult to create a general NetCDF converter
since the storage convention is user defined. The best direction is
to create converters for common storage conventions like CF or COARDs.

Another option would be to obtain the RUC data in grib format such as can
be done from NCDC at:
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/#weather_datasets
The grib data could be converted to GEMPAK more readily.

Steve Chiswell
<snip>

The above message was time/date stamped:20040726, so it is not very
current.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/#lists

Allows you to view posts to the GEMBUD list..are you subscribed?, there
may be an answer out there amongst other users, you must be subscribed to
post.

to subscribe, please visit:

and go to the right nav bar.

I wish I could be more help for you today, but I suspect we need the guru,
or maybe someone in the community has dealt w/this issue.

Cheers,

Jeff