[GEMPAK #MCB-273918]: Flux divergence question

Hanne,

The computations will be done as unitless (eg to preserve SI).
The only scaling that would occur is if the "output" parameter were MIXR
(in $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/dg/dggrid.f).

Since you are using something like gfunc = sdiv(mixr,wnd), the output
will not use any scaling as the output grid is not mixr.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I have a question about the units for a parameters that I am
> calculation using gridded data.  I am calculating the moisture flux
> convergence, but I am not sure what the plotted units are, since the
> manual says the units for mixing ratio are kg/kg internally, but
> plotted g/kg.  Are the units in s-1 or in g kg-1 s-1?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Hanne
>

> Hanne V. Murphey