[GEMPAK #LVL-683174]: Help! with N-AWIPS (NMAP2) failing to launch

Mike,

Possibilities are:
1) an invalid configuration file for NMAP2
  -- this would most likely occur if you either copied an older set
     of tables to that distribution, and one or more of the required parameters
     or entries is missing, or the GEMTBL/GEMEXE variables were pointing to a
      different version than is being found in the PATH variable.

2) editing the configuration files with a typo

Can you determine if any files have been edited? Is this a stock binary
distribution, built locally, or modified for other entries you might have had in
previous distributions?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
>
> At UNCC we have a new met lab and have installed the N-AWIPS version
> 5.9.2.  Ntl launches but when I try to launch nmap2 the windows comes
> up, but quickly dies. The message I am getting is:
>
> [mwdross@metlabpc9 local]$ nmap2
> Finished reading tables...
> Resource File:  /usr/local/GEMPAK5.9.2/resource/Nmap
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x1bf28ec8 ***
> Aborted
> [mwdross@metlabpc9 local]$
>
> The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)
>
> The screen resolution is 1280x1024 with 24 bit color depth.
>
> btw, Nsharp launches without crashing.
>
> Thanks for  any help!
>
> We have guest speacker from the NWS Monday that needs to use N-AWIPS. I
> hope we can get this resolved today if possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Dross
> UNC-Charlotte

Ticket ID: LVL-683174