[GEMPAK #WWZ-991406]: GEMPAK 5.9.3

Michael,

I put together an example of a routine that handles writing of a grid (eg for
porting from gd_wpgd) that you might find useful. See:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.9/newgrid_example.tar.gz

This routine creates a new grid file through GD_CREF which you do not need if
you
are using an existing grid file with GD_OPNF.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I have read through the GEMPAK 5.9.3 migration document
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.9/GEMPAK_Grid_library_upgrade.html)
>  but it is still not clear to me how to make the changes I need. I have a
> number of Fortran routines that read from GEMPAK data files using in_bdta,
> gd_opnf, gd_wpgd that I (clearly) need to replace but it is not clear to me
> how best to fulfill that goal.
>

> --
> Dr. Michael  Dickinson
> Senior Research Scientist
> Accurate Environmental Forecasting, Inc.
> 165 Dean Knauss Dr.
> Narragansett, RI 02882
> 401.788.9031 (voice)
> 401.788.9034 (fax)