[GEMPAK #VNL-434404]: GEMPAK - Using g77 to link to gempak libraries

Martin,

Check the iacss (aka iflno) file access number you are passing to the gd_rdat
routine.
You may be stepping on it inadvertantly and the "-4" response is the file number
is not open.

Often, Solaris is more tolerant to running past an array bounds due to the way
memory is positioned, where gcc/g77 shows the problems first.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Institution: Central Michigan University
> Package Version: 5.9.2
> Operating System: Linux FC5
> Hardware Information: Dell 380 Poweredge
> Inquiry: Hi,
>
> Gempak was installed on my system via the binary distribution, which does not
> include the libraries. So I downloaded the libraries and attempted to link to
> them in my program, with the following:
>
> f77 -o qvect.exe $srcdir/qvect.f $srcdir/maplcc.f $GEMLIB/gemlib.a $GEML
> IB/cgemlib.a -fno-second-underscore
>
> The code compiles but doesn't work correctly with respect to the gempak calls
> - after I open a file with gd_opnf and read one variable from it with
> gd_rdat, the file then "closes" (attempts to read a subsequent variable give
> a -4 file not open message. The same code compiles and runs without this
> problem with f77 on Sun Solaris. I have tried some other flags I saw in
> Makefile.linux, such as -Df2cFortran, but to no avail. Any thoughts?

Ticket ID: VNL-434404
Department: Support GEMPAK