[Support #FIR-444705]: Re: Gempak

Karl,

If you want to use a binary distribution of GEMPAK, then you will have to keep
up to date
with MacOSX. Our system I am building on is:

> sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.4.8

The Darwin kernel is 8.8.0.

The early MacOSX releases did not have message queue support under Darwin, so
you would not
be able to run GEMPAK on those tiger/jaguar names (even with a local build).
Your March 2005
distribution seems really old in the life of a Mac- so its possible your OS
didn't have the
full BSD support at that time.

To build locally, you need to create a consistent gcc/g77 and X11/OpenMotif
environment.
Apple's gcc build did not supply g77 (eg languages only c, c++, objc).
At this point both of the machine I have access to are PPC machines.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: FIR-444705
Department: Support GEMPAK