[GEMPAK #OUP-365834]: GEMPAK - message queue problem

Mark,

There are no flags for a program to run in batch mode- a controlling terminal or
lack thereof is determined in the routines.

You didn't mention what errors you were seeing, but make sure that if you are
running
to create a XW, GF, PS display that required contacting an X server, the
environment from
within the spawned shell has the display access, as well as the full GEMPAK
environment.

Also, you may be able to utilize the gpmap_gf or gpmap_xw etc. to eliminate the
message queues
if you don't require separate program runs for overlays.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

> Institution: Global Weather Dynamics
> Package Version: GEMPAK5.8.3a
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: HP Pavillion Desktop
> Inquiry: Hi,
>
> My application runs fine from a shell script.
> I call gpmap a number of times and then call gpend.
> I have a problem when I launch the c-shell script from a java program (the
> java program executes /bin/csh with the script as an argument).  I see
> comments which indicate that there are two ways to determine the message
> queue ID in the function "cgetmq.c".  It looks like I need to force the
> program into "batch mode".
>
> Is there a parameter which I can set somewhere, or is it always detected by
> isatty?

> Mark Hughes

Ticket ID: OUP-365834
Department: Support GEMPAK