[GEMPAK #PGI-541511]: GPANOT on a cross section?

Brian,

It is possible to set the margins to zero in PTYPE, eg:
PTYPE    = log//0;0;0;0
In fact, setting common margins is necessary to do things such
as overlay the gdross output on level2 RHI plots from nexr2rhi.

I was considering a modified version of gdcross to input a file that
would provide the track locations and plot those point locations.
Either as a surface format file where PRES or HGHT would be stored in
a variable, or an upperair format file.In the past I have used
a ship file for aircraft data to store the large numbers of in-situ
observations.

You mentioned that your data was in NetCDF. Have you converted the
flight observations to GEMPAK values at any point in the past?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: PGI-541511
Department: Support GEMPAK