[GEMPAK #NMH-151697]: Map Projection.

Miquel,

GEMPAK does not reproject satellite imagery. It is only capable of displaying
the
image as the navigation in the file dictates.

To display imagery, set PROJ=sat (gpmap is the most basic display program if
you are not
adding surface data as in SFMAP). Only "sat" projection is valid to display the
file listed in SATFIL. Your settings below do not display the image because
you did not speciy the "sat" projection.

You can specify GAREA=dset for the entire image, or specify a subset area.

If you need to remap imagery, you will need to use a package such as McIDAS
which has that capability.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello GEMPAK,
>
> I am working with GOES-12 (east) IR full disk area files, I need to perform a
> cylindrical equidistant projection of them without adding grids, marks, lines,
> arrows, etc.  I do not need to add any kind of information to the images, I
> just need the projection of raw data.
>
> I have been trying to do this with SFMAP, using the following parameters:
>
> AREA     = NATL
> GAREA    = NATL
> SATFIL   = /home/Data/05082923_ir8.are   % <- file to perform the projection.
> RADFIL   =
> IMCBAR   =
> SFPARM   =
> DATTIM   = all
> SFFILE   =
> COLORS   = 1
> MAP      = 0
> MSCALE   = 0
> LATLON   = 0
> TITLE    = 1
> CLEAR    = YES
> PANEL    = 0
> DEVICE   = XW
> PROJ     = CED
> FILTER   = NO
> TEXT     = 1
> LUTFIL   =
> STNPLT   =
> CLRBAR   =
>
> The result is a black screen. However I am not sure what I should set in
> SFFILE
> parameter.  Could you please give some help with this?
>

> Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide
>
> Miguel Pineros.
> PhD Candidate.
> Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
> University of Arizona.

Ticket ID: NMH-151697
Department: Support GEMPAK