[GEMPAK #AWA-355949]: Re: Higher resolution topographic gempak sat files

> Hi Steve,
> I was on vacation when you sent this and just had a chance to try it
> out. It looks great!  :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alan

Alan,

OK, sounds like you ahve enough to start working with at the moment.
I'm moving ahead with grid to image conversion so that all of this
header stuff can be configured by the user (aka you) so that the product
can be tailored as needed.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> [...]
> in case someone is using GOES7 data for something out there.
>
> Steve Chiswell
> Unidata User Support
>
> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Hi Steve,
>
> After not touching this for a while I am now resuming work on it again.
>
> But still no luck and I am getting the same error:
>
> "[IM 1]  No image type entry for file ustopo_dem5.gini"
>

> I did make the correction to the imgtyp.tbl that you suggested:
>
> TOPO   TOPO-DEM5   0   95   33   32768    1  upc_dem5.tbl
>

> I am not sure what else to try.
>
> Alan
>

> Steve Chiswell wrote:
> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Alan,
>
> The entry in imgtyp.tbl you have below has the wrong channel ID. It
> should
> be 32768  (not 32761). The number is channel 16 (which equates to
> 2**(16-1)).
>
> The gini image is the same format as the remapped imagery that NESDIS
> puts on NOAAPORT. I'm using the GOES-7 satellite ID (shouldn't get any
> conflicts there)
> and channel 16 which is outside the range of bands for GOES-7 as well.
>
> Steve Chiswell
> Unidata User Support
>

> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 09:51 -0500, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
> href="mailto:address@hidden";>address@hidden</a> wrote:
>
> </pre>
> <pre wrap="">Steve,
>
> I was able to provide to the requestor a 300 dpi copy of the chart in
> question with the old "low res" topo as they don't need the hi res for a
> while.
>
> So now I am trying to play with it a bit and am stuck.
>
> Here's what I did.
>
> 1. Downloaded the ustopo_dem5.gini and upc_dem5.tbl from the links you
> provided.
>
> 2. Then copied locally a copy of the imgtyp.tbl into the same directory
> I am running gpmap.
>
> 3.  Next I added the following entry to that, per your recommendation:
> TOPO      TOPO_DEM5    0 95 33  32761 upc_dem5.tbl
>
> 4. And finally this is what I have for entries in gpmap
> MAP      = 1
> MSCALE   = 0
> GAREA    = dset
> PROJ     = sat
> SATFIL   = ustopo_dem5.gini
> RADFIL   =
> IMCBAR   =
> LATLON   =
> PANEL    = 0
> TITLE    = 1
> TEXT     = 1
> CLEAR    = YES
> DEVICE   = XW
> LUTFIL   = upc_dem5.tbl
>
> Yet when I run it I get this error:
>
> "[IM 1]  No image type entry for file ustopo_dem5.gini"
>
> I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any recommedations would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> I assume that the "gini" file is in the correct format and doesn't need

Ticket ID: AWA-355949
Department: Support GEMPAK