[Support #FWQ-357482]: Re: conversion to image format

> Dr. Chiswell,
>
> I have a question of gd2img.  The satellite observations that I'm using to
> compare with my model-simulated satellite are all in celsius.  I have both
> celsius and kelvin versions of cloud top temperatures in my gempak files
> before they're converted to gini with gd2img.  Can I also use gd2img to
> convert the celsius cloud top temperatures?

Yes, you can use any variable for GFUNC as long as you create a nex2gini.tbl
entry such as:
CTMPC     15    2 K,255,176,-110,-31;175,0,-31.5,15         TICZ99 TMPK

The band number of n=15 is what is used in imgtyp.tbl column 6
as 2**n-1 (so that would be 2**14), where I had previously
sent you 2**15 for band=16 (or you can just redefine CTMPK to CTMPC
using the same band number).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support