[GEMPAK #USV-507675]: GEMPLT -83

> I am trying to run a script from crontab that converts satellite data to
> a png image. when I run the script I get the errors:
> [GEMPLT -83]  NDISP - DISPLAY not set or invalid
> [IM 2]  No part of image viewable within graphics area.
> How can I resolve these errors.

Jamie,

The xw, gf, and png devices all require an X server to connect to.
Ensure that your script has the DISPLAY environmental variable set to
a valid display. If you are running from cron, you need to configure a virtual
server
(see Xvfb) to connect to since the console may not be available (unless you
have logged in and
have enabled the user to connect using the "xhost" command).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: USV-507675
Department: Support GEMPAK