[GEMPAK #OIJ-311038]: building McIDAS on OSX 10.4 failed

> Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > I'll pass on the question regarding McIDAS OS X support to Tom,
> > but I did just add the ability to read the png compressed area files from
> > the data stream yesterday so that you won't have to uncompress the files
> > with
> > pnga2area. Of course, if you have older distributions of GEMPAK being used,
> > you
> > would still have to uncompress the AREA files- but if you wanted to
> > use a current release of GEMPAK, then I can set you up with that (I have to
> > repackage all the GEMPAK distributions first).
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata User Support
> >
> >> ---
> Hi, Steve - yes, if you can do that for me, fantastic - I'm running LDM
> 6.6.3 and Gempak 5.10.2...Thanks...Paul

Paul,

Attached to this message is an updated version of the
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_images
pattern set for the LDM. Use these FILE actions rather than the PIPE actions
which are packed
with the 5.10.2 distribution.

I have reposted the Darwin binary distribution (Will show a date of May 23 on
the
web portal for download). This repost has the modifications needed to read the
png
compressed area files without using the ldm-mcidas pnga2area decoder.

I am currently reposting the other binary distributions as well with these
changes.

I'll wait until the 5.10.3 distribution to include the new pqact actions as
the default since I'll have to provide a release announcement so that users
don't get confused and
use an older version of GEMPAK with new pqact actions.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: OIJ-311038
Department: Support GEMPAK