[GEMPAK #MWU-610382]: length-limitation of parameters

> Hello
>

> Very simple question
>

> Using GEMPAK, I have difficulty due to length limitation of parameters
>
> (for example, GDFILE with directories, GFUNC with many functions).
>

> Is there any way to solve this problem?

Byoung-joo,

The compile time LLMXLN setting set set to 128 characters ($GEMPAK/include).
To solve your problem with long path lengths in file names, the easiest
solution is to define
an environmental variable that represents the path, and use that in GDFILE, for
example:

setenv DATAPATH=/long_path_name

then, GDFILE=$DATAPATH/filename

In GFUNC, if you have to compose long operations, you can use GDDIAG to compute
parts of
equation separately.

Also, you can save a term that may be used more than once and refer to it by
an alias within a function using the '//' syntax (easiest to do in GDPLOT2
as a gdpfun expression).

The above solution can be done without recompiling GEMPAK with different LLMXLN
settings.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Byoung-joo, Jung
>
> Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University
>
> Shinchon-dong 134, seodaemun-ku, Seoul, 120-749, Republic of Korea
>
> Email :  <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden

Ticket ID: MWU-610382
Department: Support GEMPAK