[GEMPAK #ZEX-294741]: OS X limitation on PowerPC?

> Hello,
>
> Is there a limitation in Gempak 5.10.1 on PowerPC Macintosh with OS-X?
>
> We've run this with success on Intel-equipped systems, but on an older
> G4 we get a bus error when making an image of any kind. I thought I'd
> check with you before searching for causes.
>
> Thanks,  John M.

John,

The binary distribution I build is on a PPC (G5 I believe) which shows Darwin
8.8.0:

% uname -a
Darwin sid.unidata.ucar.edu 8.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.0: Fri Sep  8
17:18:57 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.12.6.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

If you are having trouble on a G4 with possibly older OS-X version, it might be
that
the message queues aren't supported (Tiger and Jaguar didn't support, but
Panther did).

Can you check on your Darwin version and/or tell me about how old your OS-X
version is?
I don't have an Intel based system here, but is nice to know you have had
success
on that platform. I'm assuming you are running the
binary I provided?

Steve

Ticket ID: ZEX-294741
Department: Support GEMPAK