[GEMPAK #NFS-589556]: Looping VGF files in NMAP

> Hi Steve,
>
> I want to follow up on the question I asked you last month.  I read
> that mod_res.tbl should contain four columns: 1) product name, 2)
> path, 3) group name, 4) list of models.  Is that the correct format?
> I do have the fields in a GEMPAK grid file before saving them into
> VGFs.  However, they are contained in the same grid file.  Is it
> necessary to save each field in a separate grid file in order to
> define them in mod_res.tbl?

Kwan,

It is not necessary to have grids in different grid files. The datatype.tbl file
will provide a template that tells gempak how to access the data files, and
whether to find forecast or analysis grids in the file. The mod_res.tbl file
column 4 will be the model name used to reference the data set in datatype.tbl
for
accessing the data.

The mod_res.tbl file contains the path to the restore file (a gdplot2 nts type
of file) that defined how to plot the data. For NMAP2 to match the times,
you should not have a GDATTIM set in your restore file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Kwan

Ticket ID: NFS-589556