[Support #MLR-498532]: glibc double free error from gdradr . . . on RHEL.

Stonie,

the gemlib/im code did have a problem with the zlib nids files
when the data was not FILE'd with the -overwrite option
from the LDM, and for some reason, a radar image was appended to
with another image (reportedly LZK and FWS are seen more than once for
the same time and files got appended). I have fixed that. A completely
different problem with level2 radar files is finding an occasion when
2 scans have the same minute time (but different seconds, and
volume numbers....seems to s a short sector scan followed
in the same minute by a full scan) where the LDM pattern/action
based on file output names appends to the same file.

Anyhow, with gdradar, I don't know exactly where your double free
is occurring, but have been working on some cleanup that solved
several problems users were having, so will pount on linux hard
for the 10.3 release.

Steve

> Steve,
>
> I think I had written about this before . . . with Gentoo Linux, but
> now I'm seeing this with RHEL v4.4 updated via RH's automatic update
> process.
>
> I have tried this with both the binary package you created, and with
> compiling local to the machine - same results.
>
> Not always, but often, gdradr will start up and work for a bit . . .
> but will then stop producing grids, and the console output is a ton
> of messages about glibc hitting a double free error, and then it
> dumps the addresses and contents.  ps still shows gdradr
> running . . . it's just not producing anything - and will not until I
> restart it.  Running this by hand, all I see is the GEMPAK interface,
> but nothing happens any longer after it does a scan.
>
> Have you seen this?  The gcc is 3.4.6 20060404 . . the rest of the
> rpm query looks like this:
>
> # rpm -qa | grep glib
> glibc-common-2.3.4-2.36
> glib-1.2.10-15
> compat-glibc-headers-2.3.2-95.30
> dbus-glib-0.22-12.EL.9
> glibc-headers-2.3.4-2.36
> glib2-2.4.7-1
> glib2-devel-2.4.7-1
> glibc-2.3.4-2.36
> glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.100.EL
> compat-glibc-2.3.2-95.30
> glibc-devel-2.3.4-2.36
> glibc-profile-2.3.4-2.36
> glib-devel-1.2.10-15
> glibc-utils-2.3.4-2.36
>
> I know I saw this with gcc 4.0.x on Gentoo . . . but it would usually
> keep on running, even after the console output about the double free
> error.
>
> Stonie

Ticket ID: MLR-498532
Department: Support GEMPAK