[GEMPAK #RUX-727661]: Ability of GEMPAK to dump/list data files in ASCII format

> Hi Steve,
>
> I'll start working on this today and get back with you if
> I have any problems. In the meantime, I wanted to tell you
> that the NAM 211 model runs are being ingested in my
> ~ldm/data/gempak/model and can be displayed on GEMPAK.
>
> I'm also currently ingesting MDR files, but they are not
> being displayed correctly on GEMPAK because the color
> scheme are not the same as the sample radar picture on the
> UNIDATA website (see link below). Any insights why this
> may be happening?
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/images/mdr.gif
>
> # Manually Digitized Radar
> MCIDAS  ^pnga2area Q. (U3) (.*) (.*) (.*) (.*) (........)
> (....)
> PIPE    -close
> decoders/pnga2area -vl logs/ldm-mcidas.log
> -a etc/SATANNOT
> -b etc/SATBAND
> data/gempak/images/sat/MDR/\5/MDR/MDR_\6_\7

The above URL is a McIDAS generated plot, not a GEMPAK image.
While GEMPAK can display the radar composite MDR product AREA file,
I would not suggest it. You would have better results in GEMPAK using the
HAXA00 grid product (see pqact.gempak_decoders) which is
being decoded as a GEMPAK grid file in $GEMDATA/radar/YYYYMMDD_radar.gem.
This is the NWS MDR grid product.

> Also, will GDLIST or GDCSV work for NEXRCOMP/1km/n0r?
> Thanks for your time.

No, these are images, not grids.

I provide the FNEXRAD feed grib composites:
radar_mosaic_national (a 6km grib1 product)
radar_mosaic_nathr (a 1km grib2 product)

which are decoded by the pqact.gempak_decoder actions:
#
# National radar composite generated by GDRADR for IDD
FNEXRAD ^radar_mosaic_national
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -v 1 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_radar.log
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        data/gempak/radar/YYYYMMDD_radr.gem
#
# 1km National radar composite generated by GDRADR for IDD
FNEXRAD ^radar_mosaic_nathr
        PIPE    -close  decoders/dcgrib2 -v 1 -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_radarhr.log
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        data/gempak/radar/YYYYMMDD_rad1.gem

Steve Chiswell