[GEMPAK #JUX-591354]: GEMPAK - problem using sub() function with two datasets

Jon,

I've been out of the office on vacation, so pardon the delayed response.

The GDATTIM = last is your problem since it refers to the "last time"
in the first file, and that time soesn't exist in your second file for which
you are
asking for HGHT+2.

Instead, you want to use an inline qualifier for the time of the second file.

In GDPLOT2 for example, it can be as simple as:

GDATTIM = f006
GDPFUN   = sub(hght,hght^f006+2)

The difference hyere is that GDATTIM referes to a time that will be expanded
from the
times available in the first file, whereas using the "^" and "+2" force the
function to
use the time matching from the second file.

One other note, I'd be careful about using "last" since it could produce
unintended
side affects if you were to get some other times in your grid file (even though
you have
individual forecast files shown below...so you are OK in this case).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: JUX-591354
Department: Support GEMPAK