[GEMPAK #VWZ-136850]: Creating an Ensemble Mean with GEMPAK

Greg,

The ENS_ functions available in current GEMPAK releases allow you to
use individual input files to create an ensemble by enclosing
the list of files in the curly braces eg "{file1; file2; ...fileN}" in GDFILE.
Use ENS_SAVG() to create a mean, as describe in the "phelp gfunc"
help documentation for the ENS_ functions.

I have the start of a web page showing some ensemble computations at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/ensembles/

The examples on the web page use the GEFS ensemble members, rather than
a list of individual modelnames in the "{}", but you
might find some examples useful.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Back in June I attended the COMAP symposium at UCAR in Boulder. While
> there, I was told that it is possible to create an ensemble of my local
> WRF model runs using GEMPAK. If this indeed true, what gempak programs
> would I need to use to create an ensemble mean from my various members?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
>
> --
> Greg Garrett