[GEMPAK #LEY-181797]: Problems plotting QuikSCAT winds w GEMPAK

Greg,

each of the 9 regions has data broadcast in chunks, so there are many ISXX05
products
for example that make up that region of the plot. The gap you see is due to the
plot/data time.

I have noticed that NESDIS has WMO header times up to 5 hours in the future,
eg, the $GEMDATA/wsct directory files being created by the LDM FILE
action have future dates, which is problematic. You may want to try a pattern
such as:

HRS     ^ISXX(..) KNES ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9])
        FILE    data/gempak/qsct/%Y%m%d%H.bufr

The above will file the products according to product iunsertion time, rather
than the
patterns grabbed from the WMO bulletin times.

The 5.10.4 distribution has an option in $GEMTBL/config/prefs.tbl
to control the time range window for the QSCT/ASCT/QBUF etc plots.

You may find it convenient to use the NMAP2
gui data->misc->qbuf to plot/loop
the Quikscat data as well rather than using "last" in gpmap..

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

Ticket ID: LEY-181797
Department: Support GEMPAK