[GEMPAK #ERR-952142]: GEMPAK - Start Command

> Institution: California University of Pennsylvania
> Package Version: 5.9
> Operating System: Knoppix *Linux*
> Hardware Information: Microsoft
> Inquiry: We have Knoppix *Linux* on cd so we can dual boot from windows and
> linux using a cd. I have Gempak put on cd, but I need to know or should I say
> it asks for a command to boot Gempak. Can someone give me the command I need
> *unix* to boot gempak? Thanks!

Curtis,

GEMPAK is nopt something that you would boot. What have you put onto the CD?
To run GEMPAK, you need the distribution directory structure including
all tables, maps and programs unpacked from the distribution tarfile. If
you have the unpacked directory structure on a CD, you would need to create a
Gemenviron file
that correctly identifies the $NAWIPS envirionmental variable
as the top of the GEMPAK tree. You could then run executables from the disk.

You cannot simply have a tarfile on a CD and execute that.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: ERR-952142
Department: Support GEMPAK