[Miscellaneous #IWR-376329]: data access

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I have archived satellite data saved for me and I need to know how to access
> it.
>
> Thank you,
> Chris

If you have single banded area files as were broadcast on the UNIWISC IDD, you
can view
them in GEMPAK using GPMAP, setting SATFIL=arefilename and PROJ=SAT:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/gpmap.html

Or, you can place the images in a hierarchical directory for the GUI program
NMAP2 such
as described here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/image_directory_structure.html
(as referenced in section 9.7 from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/nprogs.html)

GEMPAK is only capable of viewing single banded images. If the data you
obtained instead
has all bands of the satellite in 1 file, then GEMPAK will not be able to view
the data.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello,
>
> The McIDAS AREA file format for your requested dates is now available
> for ftp from unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu.   Please contact the Unidata
> Support Center (address@hidden)  if you have any questions
> regarding access to or use of this data.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Rosie
>
> Melick, Christopher James (UMC-Student) wrote:
> > To whom it may concern,
> >
> > I would like to please request satellite data for the United States that
> > can be viewed in GEMPAK for Feb 1st, 2002 and Feb 23-24, 2003.
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> > Chris Melick

> > Christopher J. Melick
> > Ph.D. Student, Atmospheric Science
> > Department of Soil, Env, and Atmos Sciences
> > University of Missouri-Columbia
> > 302 ABNR Building
> > Columbia, MO 65211
> >
> > address@hidden