[GEMPAK #ZLK-244693]: Ensemble Functions with GDPROF

> Steve,
>
> If I understand you correctly, I run gdprof initially with GFUNC    =
> ens_savg(tmpc)//tmpc, then run again with GFUNC = tmpc. Running it the
> second time with GFUNC = tmpc will correct the lines problem and use the
> cached tmpc data from the ensemble function call. Is that correct?
>
> Greg

Greg,

That is correct. The first time running with the "//tmpc" will correctly plot
the data, but the background lines will complain about the parameter name which
should be fixed.....but the second time when you change the name to tmpc, it
will used the values sored previously from the "//tmpc" rename.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
> > Greg,
> >
> > You can use the ensemble functions, but will have to tell GEMPAK
> > that the output parameter name for the ens_savg() function is TMPC:
> > Use:
> >
> > GFUNC    = ens_savg(tmpc)//tmpc
> >
> > You will still get a complaint about the parameter name when drawing
> > background lines
> > of thtaln, thteln and mixrln, however, after calculating "TMPC" at those
> > levels,
> > you can then set GFUNC=TMPC and it will used the cahsed values of the
> > function and
> > draw the background lines if you need them without any complaints.
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata User SUpport
> >

> >> I have been trying to create an ensemble mean skewt using gdprof.
> >> Setting GFUNC = ens_savg(tmpc) and running gdprof gives me the following
> >> error:
> >>
> >> [GG -12] GFUNC or SNPARM must be temperature for Skew T
> >>
> >> Can this even be done with gdprof or is there a better way?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Greg
> >>
> >> --
> >> Greg Garrett