[GEMPAK #BPO-815416]: GEMPAK - SIGWX Clear Air Turbulence in a Box vs. on the map

Mark,

Yes, there is a utility to concatinate the vgf files.

> vgappend

 Usage: vgappend file1 file2 [...fileN]
        Where file1 is the existing output file,
        and file2...fileN are the existing input files.

I concatinate the mesocyclone products from individual sites such as:
cd $VGDIR
set VGFILES=`/opt/bin/find [A-Z]*.vgf -cmin -60 -print`
if ( $#VGFILES > 0 ) then
   if ( -e .allmeso.vgf ) rm .allmeso.vgf
   cp $VGFILES[1] .allmeso.vgf
   shift VGFILES
   if ( $#VGFILES > 0 ) vgappend .allmeso.vgf $VGFILES
   mv -f .allmeso.vgf allmeso.vgf
endif

The above copies the contents of the first file in the list to a new file,
and then concatinates the rest of the data in vgappend as an example
since you may not want to clobber your original vgf file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: BPO-815416
Department: Support GEMPAK