[GEMPAK #IXJ-232284]: gpnexr2 with 2007 data

> Full Name: heather reeves
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.10.3
> Operating System: mac os 10.4.10
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi, I want to use gpnexr2 to make plots of level II
> radar data from 2007.   I have been able to use it for 2005 data
> successfully.   But, the same script, with just the dates and filenames
> changed to the 2007 dataset, gives me a segmentation fault.   The radar data
> was downloaded from NCDC.  I did untar and unzip it before trying to plot
> output.  It comes from the KRTX radar (portland, oregon).   Attached is the
> script I'm trying to use.   Many thanks for your help.

Heather,

I am able to plot the current real-time data from KRTX. Your script is
generally OK. The RADTIM isn't in the
correct GEMPAK dattim format, but since you are specifying the exact file to
use, you can
simply set RADTIM=last. Also, the parameter for the image color bar is IMCBAR
rather than IMBAR.

You may want to try using the gpnexr2_gf from the 5.10.4 distribution since it
does have changes for
several of the newer VCPs which you may be finding in use. If you are unable to
view the data still,
please post a copy of your data file for me to look at.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: IXJ-232284
Department: Support GEMPAK