[GEMPAK #UOU-179945]: Canadian radar data

> I notice at the bottom of the pqact.gempak_nexrad file in gempak 5.10.4
> an entry with the following comment:
>
> Canadian radar data via Pelmorex
>
> Any chance that this data is available to us?

Harry,

Yes, we can make this data available. I have been working with Steve Sennis at
Pelmorex
and they are feeing us here. I haven't yet has the opportunity to put together
a web page documenting the data which they are ingesting as an EXP feed.

The individual site data are ascii files of individual point values of CAPPI
data. I have
modified gdradr (as gdradrc) to composite the products into a product for
combining with
the nexrad data (the Canadian files are precipitation rate instead of dBZ so
there is
a conversion back to dBZ in gdradrc for the rain/snow seasonal files) which I
plan on
putting in the FNEXRAD mosaic product here.

Let me work with Tom and Mike regarding how to set up the EXP data to the
idd.unidata.ucar.edu
cluster and put together the data documentation that Steve Sennis provided.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: UOU-179945
Department: Support GEMPAK