[GEMPAK #BBT-348008]: GEMPAK binaries for Mac OS 10.5 (leopard)?

Neil,

No, we don't have a leopard system here yet.
Is this a PPC platform you have, or one of the newer intel based?
The binaries are built on PPC and therefore expect big endian byte ordering.

It looks like the services for X connections are not enabled on the system.
Can you launch standard xterm and other applications? If so, then
the general environment is set up correctly and then the runtime
environment is not backward compatible with the environment I have here.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> I don't suppose you've built GEMPAK on the Mac OS 10.5 leopard, have you?
> I've installed the Mac OS binaries on a 10.5.1 system and GUIs can't
> display to the Xwindows ... has screwy error:
>
> > ntl
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect() can't get address for
> /tmp/launch-nMyeeX/:6000: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
> Error: Can't open display: /tmp/launch-nMyeeX/:0
>
> Same for garp.
>
> Have you experimented with leopard yet?
>
> -Neil
>
> --
> Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.               address@hidden
> Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M Univ. 979/845-6272

Ticket ID: BBT-348008
Department: Support GEMPAK