[GEMPAK #AFF-463659]: gempak compile and binary problems

Hi Gerry,

re:
> nex2img failed to compile, still.  See attached with less provocative name

It seems that your development environment is still not complete.  The first
significant error I see in the log file you sent is:

gcc -DUNDERSCORE -DLinux -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/gempak/include -I/home/gemp
ak/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/linux/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -O  -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5
.11.1/os/linux/include/libxslt -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/linux/include/libx
ml2  -c xmltransform.c
xmltransform.c:10:26: error: libxslt/xslt.h: No such file or directory
xmltransform.c:11:35: error: libxslt/xsltInternals.h: No such file or directory
xmltransform.c:12:31: error: libxslt/transform.h: No such file or directory
xmltransform.c:13:31: error: libxslt/xsltutils.h: No such file or directory

Here is a quick description of what libxslt is (from xmlsoft.org):

Libxslt is the XSLT C library developed for the Gnome project. Libxslt is based
on
libxml2 the XML C library developed for the Gnome project.

I believe that the volumes of errors your log file shows is a cascade effect
caused from the lack of the libxslt include files and possibly libraries.
So, you need to install the libxslt development environment and restart your
build.

By the way, since your building from source effort is driven by a double free
error encountered when running nex2img, and since you ran into this problem with
the latest GEMPAK binary release, I have to ask:

- have you tried extracting the nex2img binary from a previous GEMPAK binary
  for Linux to see if it would work for you?

Ticket ID: AFF-463659
Department: Support GEMPAK