[GEMPAK #HXT-551996]: What is JIV

Hi Marcus,

re:
> I found a program named *jiv* into the *NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin* directory.
> Could you please say me what it does?
>
> I'm using the compiled version and seems that I don't have this program.

The GEMPAK distribution has a man page for 'jiv'.  You should add the
~gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/man directory to your MANPATH so you can see
the man pages.  Here is an example for C Shell users:

setenv MANPATH ${MANPATH}:/home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/man

man jiv

JasPer Manual                                              jiv(1)

NAME
     jiv - Image display utility

SYNOPSIS
     jiv [options] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
     The jiv command displays a JPEG-2000 image on an X  display.
     Use  the  arrow  keys for scrolling and < and > for zooming.
     Please use the --help command line  switch  and  the  JasPer
     Software Reference Manual for more information.

SEE ALSO
     jasper(1)

AUTHOR
     Michael D. Adams <address@hidden> This  manpage  was  ini-
     tially  written  by Roland Stigge <address@hidden> for the
     Debian Project.

Version 1.701.0     Last change: 20 June 2004                   1

> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: HXT-551996
Department: Support GEMPAK