[GEMPAK #WPT-955159]: using a new version of gempak

Hi Shawn,

re:
> I just had version 5.11.1 installed on my LINUX machine and updated my
> .cshrc file accordingly.  However, any time I try to run a GEMPAK program
> now, I get the following error:
>
> semget: No such file or directory
> semop: Invalid argument
> [GPLT -1]  The requested IPC message queue is locked.

Hmm...  This is the first report we have had of a problem like this.

> The IT guy in our department has no clue, and I've also tried sourcing back
> to the old version of gempak (5.7.4), which strangely gives me the same
> error (it previously worked fine on the same computer).  Do you have any
> insight as to how I could fix this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

I would try a reboot.  The fact that the older version of GEMPAK failed in the
same way that the new one does seems to indicate that the problem is
system-related,
not GEMPAK based.

> Thanks very much,

Please let us know if a reboot fixes the problem you are experiencing.

Ticket ID: WPT-955159
Department: Support GEMPAK