[GEMPAK #RAL-623504]: asking about gempak & crontab (Buenos Aires' university, Argentina)

Hi Gustavo,

I apologize for being so silent on your GEMPAK requests.  I believe that you
know
that our GEMPAK guru left Unidata back in mid January.  We have been struggling
to provide GEMPAK support ever since...

> I hope you can check the following request. It's our problem
> but we don't manage to find where it's wrong. We suppose
> there is a possible inconvenient with the system.

OK.

> I was testing again our system (gempak) and crontab.
>
> Just in order to control the relationship between commands, data available
> and crontab I did this:
>
> I run few times a script that it should run with crontab. I chose:
>
> /home/gempak/gpitt/arg_super.exe
>
> This must run every 25 minutes (crontab –l )
>
> 25    *  * * * /home/gempak/gpitt/arg_super.exe
>
> So, at different hours and 25 minutes I run it by command line, this is
>
> /home/gempak/gpitt/arg_super.exe <ENTER
>
> It did generate the outputs, like:
>
> gempak unidata 6994 Feb  5 08:25 /home/gempak/web/sup/argobs11.gif
> gempak unidata 7049 Feb  5 09:25 /home/gempak/web/sup/argobs12.gif
> gempak unidata 7118 Feb  5 10:25 /home/gempak/web/sup/argobs13.gif
>
> (see that the output is *:25 hours and minutes)

OK, so your point is that you are able to run the script by-hand, yes?

> All of them can be seen on web, example:
> http://www.unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar/sup/argobs12.gif

All three images look good.

> Well, since this problem started with the new version of gempak, can it be
> that the problem is on setenv DISPLAY  and / or Gemenviron, during the batch
> process?

I assume that you mean that the scripts run from your crontab entries do not
produce the desired output.  Is this correct?

> Is there a way to test it?

Yes, I think so.  I will try to set aside some time to logon to your machine
and see what might be needed.

Again, I apologize for the slow response!

Ticket ID: RAL-623504
Department: Support GEMPAK