[LDM #UFY-198367]: Limited processing and decoding of NAM data

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the tardy reply...

re:
> I've attached my NAM data directory listing...keep in mind that I am keeping
> three
> days of data.
>
> I've also attached our dcgrib2_NAM212.log file for you review. However,
> unlike your
> log example below, my log output does reference the forecast hour being
> decoded...here
> is an example of the 5 May 12Z 51hr forecast for PMSL and RELH:
> [21214] 080505/0818[DECODE_GRIB2 -11] PMSL [080505/1200F051] 0:-1 NONE 185 129
> [21214] 080505/0818[DM 0]
> [21214] 080505/0818[DECODE_GRIB2 -11] RELH [080505/1200F051] 2:-1 HGHT 185 129

I got some guidance on your problem from an expert authority:

  The DM 0 error typically means that the file is full. Check the dcgrib2
  pattern action. For the nam212, I believe that files will need at least
  18,000 entries, which I allocate more than in the
  $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl file if that is being used.

  If the user gives their own file name and circumvents the gribkey.tbl
  file, then they need to set the "-m" option to dcgrib2 to something like
  "-m 25000". Otherwise,  it would be possible that the GEMTBL
  environmental variable wasn't correctly locating the gribkey.tbl file.

  He said he only had f000 to f024, so I'm guessing that that is when the
  default 5000 entries filled up in the decoded file (which can be
  checked in the gdinfo output of the file as the number of grids in the

Please review your pqact action for the NAM 212 grids to see if this guidance
fits.  If it does not, please send us your entire pqact file so we can review
the entries.

> What do I need to do to send statistics?

You need to have the following entry in your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file:

# rtstats uses the LDM to send product latency statistics to the UPC.
EXEC    "rtstats -f ANY -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

The firewall(s) you go through will also have to allow connections from your
machine to rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu.

> I do have that line uncommented in my conf file.  Do I need to make another
> hole in the firewall?

Yup.

> What port?

Port 388, the same as for other LDM transactions.

Ticket ID: UFY-198367
Department: Support GEMPAK