[GEMPAK #ODW-587066]: nmap 2 problem with GEMPAK 5.11.1, 5.10.4 and Fedora Core 8.

Hi Samuel,

re:
> Believe it or not, I did look at the mail archives from January, 2000,
> however I didn't think it applied to me.

Yea, it is sometimes difficult to see how a problem reported by someone else
is pertinent -- been there, done that :-)

> I'm running Fedora Core directly from the console, so the MS fonts
> weren't a problem,

I had to ask...

> and Fedora 8 runs Gnome as the stock installed default,

I believe that this is optional.  Many sites prefer KDE.

> but it was pretty obvious (after your comments, and reading the error
> more closely) that I needed the ISO8859-1-75DPI font package installed.

Very good.

> I guess I panicked when I saw 'Major opcode failed...'
>
> The fonts don't come installed by default with Fedora Core 8, so they
> have to be specified.  Sorry for the oversight on my part.

No worries.

> Nmap2 works great now.

Excellent!

> Thanks again for your help, you definitely know your stuff.

Thanks for the kind words!

Ticket ID: ODW-587066
Department: Support GEMPAK