[GEMPAK #XAU-684303]: dcreanal executable

Hi Peter,

re:
> I am having a hard time building and compiling dcreanal to be used to convert
> netcdf files
> to gempak files. I was wondering if you could point me towards an executable
> for MAC OS X
> 10.4.11.

The GEMPAK portion of the Downloads section of our web site:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

->Downloads
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/index.jsp

  ->GEMPAK
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/index.jsp

has a link to 'Previous Distributions':

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/previous_distributions/index.jsp

I suggest grabbing a pre-5.10.1 binary distribution for your platform and
extracting the version of dcreanal from it to use in your current installation.
I suggest this old of a version of dcreanal because another user has reported
that the dcreanal binary included in 5.10.1+ distributions have a problem
while an older one (he couldn't specify exactly which older distribution has
a dcreanal that works correctly on his 32-bit Linux machine) does work
correctly.

As far as dcreanal itself, other users have reported having problems with the
application.  We are looking into the problem, but do not yet have a fix.
Since our fulltime GEMPAK developer left in January, we are struggling
to cover the gap that this left.  Because of this we are unable to say when
a new distribution of GEMPAK will be available.

Sorry for the problems...

> Thanks very much,
>
> Peter Kramer

Ticket ID: XAU-684303