[GEMPAK #XZT-154638]: GEMPAK question

Hi Dave-

> I am working in GEMPAK and need to perform calculations on gempak grid
> data and then write the results to a text file.  I need a text file,
> say, for the entire moisture convergence grid at each level and each
> time.  Is this possible?  If not a text file, can I write it to a grib
> file that can be read into matlab?  I have to get the data from GEMPAK
> to Matlab or R.

You could use GDLIST and set output to a file.  You could write a script
to loop over the times and levels and write them each to a different file.
You'd then need something in Matlab or R to parse the text output from
GDLIST.  There is no GEMPAK to csv option in GEMPAK.

You could use the latest nightly build of the IDV to read in the GEMPAK
file and export it to an Excel format.  Instructions for doing this are
in this support message:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg02289.html

Don Murray

Ticket ID: XZT-154638