20080801: web site access (cont.)

Hi Bobby,

re:
>i've got gempak software on my computer, but i need a data connection
>by ldm?

This comment/question is quite different than what you wrote about
initially.

There is more than one way to get data to use with your GEMPAK
installation.  an LDM/IDD datafeed is one; FTPing data files from sites
that have data is another.

Since Unidata can not feed you the data directly (we are funded by
the National Science Foundation to support universities, not
individuals), it would be best if you investigated some other
avenues for getting data.  I strongly recommend that you:

1) subscribe to the address@hidden email list that we maintain
   for the Unidata GEMPAK user community:

   Unidata HomePage
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

   -> Support
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/

     -> Participate in topical forums and mailing lists
        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/mailinglist/mailing-list-form.html

   On the last page, subscribe to the 'gembud' and 'needdata' lists (right
   hand side of the page.

2) send emails to the Unidata GEMPAK community (gembud list) and others
   (needdata list) asking if there are sites where you could get data
   for your GEMPAK installation.

The folks in the Unidata community are typically _very_ generous, so
you should be able to find a source of data you can use.

Best of luck,

Cheers,

Unidata User Support