[GEMPAK #DDE-509463]: Wrong Architecture

Hi David,

re:
> Description of problem: I have gotten my ldm properly configured and am
> successfully storing
> files.

Are you running GEMPAK decoders on the data you are receiving using the LDM?

> When I try to run GEMPAK commands (sflist, snlist, gdlist, etc.) I get the
> following error:
> Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.
> I have a linux x64 binary version installed. Any ideas on what I need to do
> to correct this?

My first guess is for the obvious: you downloaded a binary distribution for a
different platform.
The quickest way to check to see if this is true is to do the following:

ls ~gempak/NAWIPS/os

For 64-bit Linux systems, this should result in:

linux64

If this is correct, the next thing I would check is to make sure that your PATH
is setup
correctly to access executables from the ~gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin
directory.  Echo your
path setting to see if your environment is OK:

<as the user running GEMPAK>
echo $PATH

If all of this looks correct, then please send us the listing of:

ldd ~gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin/snmap

Ticket ID: DDE-509463
Department: Support GEMPAK