[GEMPAK #PVG-756937]: problems decoding ship soundings

Hi Greg-

> Is there any limit to the size of the number following the -a ?
> There will be several other ships showing up in this project in the
> next few weeks.

I don't see one other than the total of the ones in the station
table, plus the extras must not exceed the maximum number of
stations in a file.

> The ship table I'm using is from the Gempak 5.11.1 distribution.
> It's the snstns_ship.tbl which happened to include JCCX. I've made no
> changes to this file.

Okay, looking at the code, that station table will not be used.
The station name for a ship ob is always made up of the ship id
and the hour.  Using the snstns_ship.tbl, will end up creating
a station with the wrong lat/lon, so shouldn't be used.

The other option would be decode the ship reports to a separate
file.

Don

Don

Ticket ID: PVG-756937