[GEMPAK #RSN-840640]: dctaf

From the GEMPAK support archives you can find a writeup by Steve Chiswell on
how the reports should be formatted (the link refers to dcmetr but the file
formats are the same for the TAFs decoded by dctaf, with the exception that the
ZCZC ... NNNN format is not supported by dctaf)

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg03813.html

-------

On a FOS style header, the AFOS style PIL identifier you have is not present.
Rather, you should have metar bulletins that look like either:

^A^M^M
sequence number (eg 999, etc)
WMO header (eg SAUS80 KWBC 121800 etc)

^M^M
^C

Since dclsfc is expecting FOS bulletins only, your bulletin should look like:
^A^M^M
999
SMCN23 CWAO 120900
AAXX 12094
71300 NIL=
71301 NIL=
71303 NIL=
71304 NIL=
^M^M
^C

So you will need to remove the ZCZC at the beginning and the NNNN at the end of
your reports, and instead use ^A^M^M (followed by a sequence number, 999 will
work) for the beginning, and ^M^M (linebreak) ^C for the end.

Michael

Ticket ID: RSN-840640
Department: Support GEMPAK