[GEMPAK #RKH-137764]: Satellite image issues

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I need to know if there is something going on with the satellite data. This
> started about a day ago where I have started getting an error message that
> says  "No entry in the image type table, imgtyp.tbl, for file
> $SAT/EAST-CONUS/1km/VIS/VIS_20081215_2115"  (or whatever file it is looking
> at).   Now, having said that I still have an image but I cannot use the zoom
> feature to zoom in.   If I choose ROAM I can change that but as far as
> delineating an area by zooming in it won't do it.  Also, I noticed that the
> images were looking a little different, suggesting that maybe there was a
> satellite issue. So I wanted to confirm with you before I started going
> around and searching my system for the problem. I am running GEMPAK version
> 5.11.1   and I haven't messed with the imgtype.tbl file at all.  Thanks for
> your help

The following administrative message was sent earlier today in the NOAAPort
broadcast and to those subscribed to the address@hidden email list.
It is likely the cause of the problems you are inquiring about.

676
NOUS42 KWNO 151321
ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS CAMP SPRINGS MD
1322Z MON DEC 15 2008

12Z NCEP MODEL PRODUCTION CYCLE BEGAN ON TIME.

12Z RAOB RECAP..

AKN/70326 - 10142
MID/76644 - 10158
PASY/70414 - 10145
LMN/74646 - MISSING PART B

GOES 12 EAST PROBLEMS..GOES-13 REPLACING GOES-12 IMAGERY

CURRENTLY..THE LATEST NESDIS INFORMATION IS AS FOLLOWS..

DETAILS OF THE OUTAGE...AT AROUND 2200Z GOES 12 SUFFERED A
THRUSTER ANOMLY CAUSING THE SUSPENSION OF GOES-12 IMAGING
AND SOUNDING SCHEDULES..AT 2303Z GOES 11 WEST WAS PLACED INTO
FULL DISK MODE TO COVER FOR THE GOES 12 OUTAGE..AT THAT TIME THE
GOES INGEST AND NOAAPORT INTERFACE GINI WAS SWITCHED TO ALTERNATE MODE
TO ALLOW DELIVERY OF GOES 11 DATA TO EAST USERS...

AT 0500Z ONCE INGEST OF GOES 13 DATA IS VERIFIED BY ESPC THE GINI
AND ALL GOES EAST PRODUCTS WILL BE FED WITH GOES 13 IMAGER AND SOUNDER
DATA...

ALL SERVICES..LRIT..EMWIN..DCS..SARSAT..WILL REMAIN ON GOES-12 AND
GOES-13 GVAR WILL BE RETRANSMITTED THROUGH GOES-12...USERS CURRENTLY
RECEIVING SERVICES INCLUDING GVAR FROM GOES-12 SHOULD NOT NEED TO
REPOINT TO GOES-13..

IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT THIS CONFIGURATION WILL REMAIN IN PLACE FOR AT
LEAST 24 HOURS...

REGIONAL CWD WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR TODAY UNTIL 16/00Z.

$$

NEWBY/SDM/NCO/NCEP

Ticket ID: RKH-137764
Department: Support GEMPAK