[GEMPAK #QCW-575435]: GEMPAK5.11.4 Installation error undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error' on CENTOS

Hi Andrew,

Is it possible that make clean is being run before make is complete?

I see errors in your make.out file such as

ar rv /usr/nawips/GEMPAK5.11.4/os/linux/lib/gemlib.a *.o
ar: *.o: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [/usr/nawips/GEMPAK5.11.4/os/linux/lib/gemlib.a] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/nawips/GEMPAK5.11.4/gempak/source/jwblib'

and then just a few lines down:

ar rv /usr/nawips/GEMPAK5.11.4/os/linux/lib/gemlib.a *.o
BFD: reopening oabarn.o: No such file or directory
ar: /usr/nawips/GEMPAK5.11.4/os/linux/lib/gemlib.a: No such file or directory

Does this gemlib.a actually exist in this location?

Perhaps you just need to start over with the build.

cd $NAWIPS
make clean
make all install programs_nc programs_gf

If these problems persist, please let me know, and if you can, attach your
Gemenviron (or Gemenviron.profile for bash) as well as Makeinc.common and
Makeinc.linux_gfortran

Thanks,

Michael

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install GEMPAK5.11.4 on CENTOS.
>
> However, I am running into some problems.
>
> Attached are my make.out and install.out files
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andrew Little
> Weather Systems Analyst
>
> Universal Weather & Aviation
> 8787 Tallyho
> Houston, TX 77061
>
> address@hidden
>
> 713.947.5633
> 713.504.2719

> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
> you are not the intended addressee or authorized to receive this for
> the addre ssee, you are prohibited from using, copying, disclosing, or
> taking any action based on this e-mail message or any information
> herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the
> sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Ticket ID: QCW-575435
Department: Support GEMPAK