[GEMPAK #ORM-206024]: TDWR radar data in GEMPAK

Brian,

In the radmap README file the command line usage is

       radmap -(n|r|s|v|t|m|c) nids_file gif_file title_string [plot_area]

where plot_area must be specified for -n,-r,-t, and -c:

      "The plot area in the form (lat_ll, lon_ll, lat_ur, lon_ur)
       defining the lower-left and upper-right coordinates (e.g.
39.6;-126.1;49.8;-109.9).
       When making a thumbnail (-t) of a single-site data, specify plot_area as
the
       phrase "DSET".

so your radmap command should be formatted as:

radmap -r /usr/local/.../NCR_20090408_0029 /data1/ldm/.../junk2.gif "title"
"lat_ll; lon_ll; lat_ur; lon_ur"

As for products like TR0, radmap is unable to read them correctly at this time
but I'll look into adding support.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> I am tring to use the gempak radmap program to make radar plots as I do
> with nexrad. ... I could make a TDWR plot with NCR using radmap from
> 5.10, but not TR0. I take it I need the newer gempak for radmap to
> recognize the header of newer tdwr products (TR0, etc...)? I was hoping
> that the NIDS data format inside a TR0 file would be the same as a N0R
> from nexrad, so it would plot.
>
> If there is a way to zoom in using the radmap command line (for my
> script), please let me know. I typically use radmap -s, but the tdwr
> coverage is smaller, so I want to zoom in. radmap -s does not
> allow for a garea to be specified according to radmap.f. I tried a
> regional plot flag -r and JFK for last argument using:
> radmap -r /usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/JFK/NCR/NCR_20090408_0029
> /data1/ldm/local/bin/new_nexrad/junk2.gif JFK NCR_20090408_0029 JFK
> [IM -6]  Invalid graphics area
> RADMAP:  GG_MAPS - ier =   -2
> but it did not like that option.
>
> thanks again,